Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Internship

Aiks, long time din write English post..
Felt my English dah berkarat =.=||

So fast, already 2 months since the day I started my internship in Selayang.
Well, I think almost everyone already blog about it after 2-3 days ba?
haha.. But now only I blog it out. =p
No choice la, I write blog see feel one.. hahaha..

I still remember the first day I went to "Syndes Technologies", Jen (my supervisor + director AKA boss) asked us (include another intern student from UTAR-Huan Yang) to format our PC. That time only got 3 persons work in that office. Which is my boss, Huan Yang and me! haha.. actually still got 2 permanent staff at client side. Then 1st day, Jen dah nak pigi Singapore!(If not mistaken) LOL... After she settle down some work for us, then she gone off.. XD

First day only format, set up programs, etc etc...Then after that, fuiyo... Susah betul.. start to do PHP thingys with postgreSQL.. O.O|| That time I really learnt a lot a lot a lot......... Because I really know only 1-2% of PHP before going to intern. wao, I need to read and understand thousand lines of code before I started to edit the website. ><"

From there, I've learnt PHP coding, Java script, CSS, HTML, postgreSQL.. Just after 3 days, I felt that what I learnt from internship is more than 2 years I study in UM.. =.=|| Then, after this project, she asked me to in charge sth which needs to use VB.NET.....walao a.... I totally 0% for this lo.. Super stress when I'm doing this.. She asked me to insert data in text file to database. And each data text file at least got 10Mb..=.=||||| Then before that she already said want to pass something for me to do about WPF- Windows Presentation Foundation.. But then till now oso haven pass that. Maybe WPF more on R&D gua~

After that, she gave me a new assignment regarding openGTS (Open Source GPS Tracking System). Maybe I do said that I really dont like VB, and she oso felt that I do VB very slow, then she gave me a new assignment in JAVA language. Finally, I can touch Java.. BUT actually not easy to edit the existing code! Especially when I need to change a better UI for it.. T.T

After some editing and set up, she asked me to present to all of us. Oh ya, at that time, 1 month already gone, and 2 new intern students has came in, which are lee ping and wil yoke from UKM. Actually not bad to learn openGTS. But after presentation, she got another assignment for me to do. I need to edit something in ASP.NET..wao! Finally I touch this!

That assignment is to edit some link for few pages only, then after that start to give me something difficult. Which needed to do some XML code also! She want the website able to email the customer after some clicks~ then the email got some button so that customer can click it and get some points for themselve leh... Which means I need to update their points after they had click the button! =.=|| susah betul..

Finally, I've done this too.. Then after that, she wants me to in charge another thing now! Which is Windows Mobile Application (in c#). Luckily its c# not VB.. Because c# almost same with java, just the library is not the same only. And my boss said she felt that I quite fast to adapt in .NET, so I have to in charge in this application now. Quite fun to develop this application. Just one thing is super duper ma fan. When the program needs to connect with database, it cant straight forward connect it, and must gone through with Web Referrence! This is the thing makes me headache.. =.=|| Everything I need to call from database, I need to write the code to call it, then my windows mobile apps only can get the data from the web referrence!! aduh..

But after I touched .NET projects, I really know a lots for visual studio. From a Super NOOB become I know how to debug it and solve the solution by myself already. XD I felt I'm so lucky to be in this such a small company. Because I really can learn MANY MANY THINGS!! ^__^

Hope the coming 4 months I can learn more more more than that! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment